- WHITE HAT: neutral and objective, concerned with facts and figures
- RED HAT: the emotional view
- BLACK HAT: careful and cautious, the “devil’s advocate” hat
- YELLOW HAT: sunny and positive
- GREEN HAT: associated with fertile growth, creativity, and new ideas
- BLUE HAT: cool, the color of the sky, above everything else-the organizing hat
Through case studies and real-life examples, Dr. de Bono reveals the often surprising ways in which deliberate role playing can make you a better thinker. He offers a powerfully simple tool that you–and your business, whether it’s a start-up or a major corporation–can use to create a climate of clearer thinking, improved communication, and greater creativity. His book is an instructive and inspiring text for anyone who makes decisions, in business or in life.