Disagreements are a fact of life. Productive disagreements are a rarity. We find ourselves living in a divided world in which it is increasingly difficult to have productive arguments.
In?How to Disagree?philosophers Adam Ferner and Darren Chetty examine some of today?s most pressing debates in politics, society and education through?20 thought-provoking discussions which will explore:
- The myriad ways we engage with others.
- Exactly?what free speech means and what the responsibilities are that come with it.
- How can we?encourage positive, helpful debate?
- How to identify?and combat diversionary tactics.
- Why productive disagreement is essential.
- How to address the challenging topics that need conversation.
How to Disagree?opens up?conversations about conversation so that you can overcome obstacles to have productive disagreements and take practical and actionable outcomes from arguments.